Graduate students and faculty can request funds for hosting in-person and online events. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
These grants can be used to support a variety of events including:
- Campus-wide lectures and panel discussions
- Book manuscript and papers workshops (honoraria for participants)
- Author-meets-critics panels
- Pedagogy and professionalization workshops
- On-campus conferences
- Reading groups for students or faculty
- Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the proposed event. Applicants will be notified of decisions within eight weeks of submission.
- Events must be rigorously academic in nature and take place in the United States or online.
- Preference goes to events which deal with the IHS areas of focus.
- Events should feature speakers or texts that represent the diversity of views within the broad liberal tradition.
- The grant cannot support institutional overhead or indirect costs.