The Humane Studies Fellowship provides up to $5,000 to support students completing major research projects, presenting their work at top conferences, and publishing their work in major journals. This award is intended to foster those key projects which maximize a recipient’s research impact and career prospects.
These awards give you access to other IHS opportunities including job market support, in-person and online events, and much more.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of their award within eight weeks of submission.
- Submit copies of research completed, presented, submitted for review, or published during the fellowship period when and as available.
- Provide updates on significant progress made during the fellowship period.
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled in a PhD program or a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Previous applicants and winners are welcome to apply.
- Prior participation in IHS programs is encouraged, though not required.
- This award is available to students at any university. International students are eligible; however, priority is given to applicants at top research institutions.
- Preference will be given to research directly tied to IHS areas of focus.
Please note, all applications might be subject to consideration under a different IHS funding opportunity. Should that happen and your application gets accepted, you will receive an acceptance email from the appropriate funding opportunity.
IHS grants cannot support institutional overhead or indirect costs.