Conference & Event Management Assistant
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a self-starting, motivated, detail-oriented Conference & Event Management Assistant. Located in the Conference & Event Management Department, this person will assist the team with logistics and processes for IHS programs.
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Communicating with conference participants regarding logistical details.
- Managing and tracking data about participants and programs.
- Coordinating the creation, assembly and distribution of conference supplies and materials.
- On-site assistance at summer seminars, evening events and weekend conferences.
The Ideal Candidate:
Candidates must have excellent project management skills, the ability to drive timelines to meet deadlines, and an unwavering attention to detail. In addition, it is important that candidates possess a strong understanding of and appreciation for classical liberal principles (individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace).
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Professional references
- A compelling case about why the mission of IHS resonates with you
- Your salary requirements
The Institute for Humane Studies, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization that promotes the study of economic and individual freedom across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines. Each year IHS awards more than $750,000 in scholarships to students from universities around the world. IHS also sponsors free summer seminars, awards public policy and journalism internships, and provides various forms of career assistance. Through these programs, IHS promotes open inquiry, critical thinking, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem solving.