The deadline to apply for the 2014 Humane Studies Fellowship has passed. Applicants will be notified of their status by May 1.
Find out when the 2015 application is available, subscribe to program updates!
Humane Studies Fellows are eligible to be invited to the annual Humane Studies research and discussion colloquia. These events provide opportunities to discuss new research and other topics with peers and leading scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
Humane Studies Research Colloquium
Select fellows spend a weekend presenting and discussing their research with colleagues and distinguished faculty in their fields. The event is usually held in the Washington, DC, area.
- Lectures from leading scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- Discipline-specific panels
- Paper presentations by participants to get feedback from other students and scholars
- Opportunities to network with other fellows, faculty, and IHS Staff
Friedrich Hayek and Liberalism, Discussion Colloquium
Select fellows are invited to participate in an annual discussion colloquium co-sponsored with Liberty Fund. The topic of the upcoming colloquium will be: Friedrich Hayek's classic work, Social and Political Thought.
Sessions themes may include:
- Freedom and Coercion
- Progress, Tradition, and Responsibility
- Constitutionalism and Safeguards of Individual Liberty
- The Legitimate Role of Government
Fellows attending either colloquia are provided with accommodations and meals during the conference and upon successful completion of the colloquium receive a stipend and travel reimbursement.