Learn Liberty Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a self-starting, driven, and creative marketing coordinator to support LearnLiberty, the Institute’s online education program. IHS aims to reach millions of college students with Learn Liberty’s short videos and educational programs, and this person will be challenged with contributing to this effort through marketing our products and building a vibrant community on social media.
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Cultivating relationships with bloggers and partner organizations to promote Learn Liberty videos and programs.
- Regularly packaging and pitching LearnLiberty videos to relevant blogger and media to assure a wide reach
- Cultivating active communities on Learn Liberty’s social media platforms, particularly Facebook,
- Researching and experimenting with new marketing channels to expand our student audience,
- Representing Learn Liberty to student groups and other organizations,
- Tracking marketing metrics and measuring return on investment,
- On-site assistance for at least one IHS program, and
- Reading and evaluating program applications, such as summer seminars.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates must have excellent project management skills, the ability to drive timelines and meet deadlines, and attention to detail. Demonstrated experience with marketing, social media, advertising, and outreach is preferred, but not required. In addition, candidates should possess some understanding of and appreciation for classical liberal principles (individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace). Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Professional references
- A compelling case about why the mission of IHS resonates with you
- Your salary requirements
IHS provides exceptional benefits to all individual employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100 percent of the health insurance premium and tax-free reimbursement of all deductible expenses, and paying 100 percent of the dental insurance premium). IHS also provides all employees with flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and one free course per semester at George Mason University (GMU).
The Institute for Humane Studies, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization that promotes the study of economic and individual freedom across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines. Through various programs, IHS promotes open inquiry, critical thinking, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem solving.
The Institute for Humane Studies is located in Arlington, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C., two blocks from the Virginia Square metro stop (on the Orange Line). IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth.