Education Programs Internship
The IHS On-Campus Education department seeks an intern to assist in the spring semester. Applicants should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, interested in the ideas of liberty, and eager to learn more about developing and organizing in-person educational programs. Ideal candidates will have experience with on campus student group organizing.
Possible Projects Include:
- Assisting with IHS on-campus programming
- Assisting with applicant & participant communications
- Researching and updating information on web-site
- Assisting with program logistics
- Preparing materials for conferences and programs
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Self-motivation and willingness to ask questions
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Innovative ideas for addressing program challenges
- Ability to learn quickly
- Interest in educational programming & learning more about classical liberal ideas
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to the IHS Human Resources department,. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the education team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
*We are currently accepting applications for the Spring Semester. Altough start dates vary slightly based on department needs, most positions begin in mid-January.
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!