Publication Accelerator Grants provide up to $5,000 to support students with an established publishing record who commit to submitting an article to a leading publication outlet within the next six months. These grants are intended to “accelerate” the development of projects by freeing time and supporting relevant expenses.
These awards give you access to other IHS opportunities including job market support, in-person and online events, and much more.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of their award within six weeks of submission.
Awardees are expected to:
- Submit proof of submission, either as a solo author or first author, to a leading publication within six months of receiving awarded funds
- Submit their work for an IHS Peer Review within four months of receiving awarded funds (encouraged, nor required)
- Present their work at an online IHS event (e.g. our Graduate Conference)
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled in an MA or PhD program.
- Previous applicants and winners are welcome to apply; students can receive up to three concurrent Accelerator Grants.
- Prior participation in IHS programs is not required.
- This award is available to students at any university. International students are eligible; however, priority is given to applicants at top research institutions.
Preference will be given to research directly tied to IHS areas of focus.
IHS grants cannot support institutional overhead or indirect costs