Liberty and the Art of Teaching Workshop
- IHS offers full funding, including program expenses, meals, and lodging (shared double room), for all accepted participants.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for travel costs. We encourage participants to seek travel support from departments whenever possible.
The workshop begins early afternoon on Friday, June 28, and finishes after lunchtime on Sunday, June 30.
Nearby airports include:
- Baltimore-Washington (BWI)
- Washington Reagan (DCA)
- Dulles (IAD)
- Amtrak trains arrive in Baltimore, Penn Station, and Baltimore-Washington Airport.
- We are investigating the feasibility of offering shuttle service from BWI.
If advanced reading is required, we will provide titles with e-mailed acceptances.
Syllabus and Presentation Workshops
Participants will be expected to prepare and teach a 5-8 minute presentation on a (short) topic of their choice from their discipline. The atmosphere for the workshop will be supportive and constructive.