Advance your career while advancing liberty!
The Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow Program combines a paid public policy internship with two career and policy seminars. Fellows gain real-world experience, take a crash course in market-based policy analysis, and acquire the professional skills necessary to effect change. Participating internship hosts include more than 80 think tanks and policy organizations across the United States.
As one of 80 Koch Summer Fellows, you will work with others on research projects throughout the summer and make lifelong friends from among the many Fellows who share your interest in ideas. You will also join the network of more than 900 program alumni succeeding in policy, journalism, legal, business, and academic careers.
"A first-class program geared to those who seek challenge."
- Timothy Doyle, University of Toronto
- 10-week program: June 1 – August 9, 2013
- Eight-week internship at a state , federal , or single-issue policy organization
- Weeklong career and policy seminars , before and after internship
- Weekly lectures on popular policy issues
- Professional resume review and editorial guidance on writing assignments
- $1,500 stipend plus housing assistance and a limited number of travel scholarships
- Undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students from all countries and studying in all majors are eligible
State, Federal, or Single-Issue Policy Internships
The program's more than 80 think tanks and nonprofits focus on state or federal policy or specific issues, such as education or the environment. Once accepted into the program, Fellows are matched with internships based on their interests and skills.
- State Policy – Intern at one of the State Policy Network think tanks throughout the United States. Analyze regulations and influence legislation at the state level. Help publish articles, editorials, or letters in state or local papers. Choose from organizations including Texas Public Policy Foundation, Cascade Policy Institute, and Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
- Federal & Single-issue Policy – Intern at one of more than 40 organizations in Washington, DC. Help reduce the size and scope of the federal government, or choose from a range of policy issues: Institute for Energy Research analyzes how government regulations impact global energy markets; Drug Policy Alliance works to end drug prohibition; the Thomas B. Fordham Institute advances educational excellence in K-12 schools through accountability and education options.
View a list of all internship hosts.
A Career Opportunity
In one summer, the Koch Summer Fellow Program can give you the real-world experience and professional network you need in today's competitive job market.
The Koch Summer Fellow Program is made possible by the generous support of the Charles Koch Foundation .