Publishing & Research
Throughout the summer, Fellows research and write on policy issues under the guidance of senior policy analysts and a professional editor.
Writing & Publishing
A professional editor works with Fellows on several writing projects such as letters to the editor and opinion-editorials. Internship hosts may also ask Fellows to write content for publication. With the help of the professional editor and through their internships, most Fellows publish several pieces during the summer. The 2011 Fellows published more than 75 writings, including op-eds in Sacramento Bee, Kansas City Star, Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, and overseas newspapers.
Past research topics have included:
- Redefining the US-Jordan Relationship
- Incentives, Crime, and Drug Prohibition
- Review of Current Education Reform Proposals
- Hate Speech: Drawing the Line Between Free Speech and Harm
- Media Market Consolidation
- Phasing Out Sugar Subsidies