Application Deadline: Rolling
Applications for the Hayek Fund must be submitted online at least 4 weeks in advance of your activity. You will need an IHS account to apply. You may save your application and return later to submit it.
A completed application includes the following items:
- A completed online application form
- Your CV or resume
- An itemized list of expenses
For those seeking the scholarship for career development you will also need:
- A summary of your presentation, such as an abstract or copy of the paper you intend to present at a conference, a description of arranged interviews, or a description of your planned research (e.g., a dissertation proposal)
- A brief essay of not more than 500 words describing how your proposed activity will advance your career
- A brief essay of not more than 500 words describing how your proposed activity advances our understanding of the principles, practices and institutions necessary for a free society or our understanding of the classical liberal or libertarian tradition
Or, if you are looking to organize student activities, you will need the following:
- A description of the project designed to enhance your students’ understanding of classical liberal principles
- Optional: supplementary materials such as a list of speakers or reading assignments
Applications are accepted year-round, on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision within four to six weeks. Awards are disbursed after presenting original receipts. Hence, you must submit your application at least four weeks in advance of your fundable activity, otherwise it may not be reviewed in time for the fundable activity. Awards are only granted for anticipated future activities, and cannot be awarded retroactively. Awards are disbursed after presenting original receipts.