The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking an Event Associate. The Event Associate will serve as a full-time staff member working with the Director and Deputy Director to provide support for Mercatus Center program and development events for the Mercatus Center and Institute for Humane Studies.
- Working with the event coordinator and director of events to organize logistics for Mercatus Center program and development events.
- Managing registration and follow-up with event attendees.
- Developing and administering web marketing for events.
- Providing other assistance with events as needed.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Internet/web experience.
- At least one year experience in event or meeting management.
- A strong commitment to individual freedom and an appreciation for the mission of the Mercatus Center and Institute for Humane Studies is a plus.
The Mercatus Center provides exceptional benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and one free course per semester at George Mason University.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to hr at mercatus dot org. No phone calls please.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University:
For over 25 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.