The deadline to apply has passed, but there’s still time to apply for the Hayek Fund for Future Scholars which reimburses graduate school application fees and the Hayek Fund for Scholars which awards up to $750 for graduate student research or conference fees.
If you applied, decisions will be announced on May 1st via email.
Humane Studies Fellows are eligible to be invited to the annual Humane Studies research and discussion colloquia. These events provide opportunities to discuss new research and other topics with peers and leading scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
Humane Studies Research Colloquium
Select fellows spend a weekend presenting and discussing their research with colleagues and distinguished faculty in their fields. The event is usually held in the Washington, DC, area.
- Lectures from leading scholars in the humanities and social sciences
- Discipline-specific panels
- Paper presentations by participants to get feedback from other students and scholars
- Opportunities to network with other fellows, faculty, and IHS Staff
Friedrich Hayek and Liberalism, Discussion Colloquium
Select fellows are invited to participate in an annual discussion colloquium co-sponsored with Liberty Fund. The topic of the upcoming colloquium will be: Friedrich Hayek's classic work, Social and Political Thought.
Sessions themes may include:
- Freedom and Coercion
- Progress, Tradition, and Responsibility
- Constitutionalism and Safeguards of Individual Liberty
- The Legitimate Role of Government
Fellows attending either colloquia are provided with accommodations and meals during the conference and upon successful completion of the colloquium receive a stipend and travel reimbursement.