Find Scholars Internship
The IHS Find Scholars program seeks an intern to assist in the spring semester. Applicants should be organized and self-motivated, as well as have a passion for and understanding of classical liberal ideas.
- Conducting internet research on the scholarship, teaching, and other information about freedom-friendly scholars
- Monitoring and tracking open faculty positions in support of our efforts to refer qualified scholars
- Providing administrative support to members of the Find Scholars team
- Provide general support for the Find Scholars team – data and content management, event prep and follow-up, outreach support.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Ownership of projects and personal time management
- Internally motivated, knowledgeable, and willing to work in a team environment
- Excruciating attention to detail
- Extreme comfort with and/or willingness to quickly learn new data skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Appreciation for classical liberal principles—individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and s ubmit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to the IHS Human Resources department. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the network relations team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!