ONLINE MARKETING INTERNSHIP
The marketing department at the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) at George Mason University is looking for an intern to assist this fall.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on challenge, is constantly innovating, and gets excited about the ideas of liberty. Excruciating attention to detail and a love of measurement is key. Ability to acknowledge and learn from failed experiments is necessary.
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Tracking and analyzing marketing and website results (using Google Analytics)
- Posting online advertisements and measuring results
- Researching new advertising channels
- Updating website content
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A passion for and basic understanding of classical liberal principles (individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace)
- Innovative ideas for addressing marketing challenges
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn basic software quickly
- Familiarity with twitter, google+, pinterest, and instagram
Prior experience not required.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to Pericles Niarchos, Operations and Hiring Coordinator. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the marketing team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!