LearnLiberty is a new, rapidly growing experimental project, dedicated to educating people online about the ideas of liberty. LearnLiberty is currently looking for interns in the following areas:
LearnLiberty Web Guru Internship
LearnLiberty is looking for a web savvy, liberty-loving intern to assist in the project’s development this fall. Applicants should have a basic understanding of free market principles, be comfortable with the latest web trends (memes, new media platforms, etc), and be deeply committed to the ideas of liberty. If you are the kind of person who keeps up-to-date with the latest web technology and innovation, this is an internship for you.
Possible projects include:
- Assisting with social media campaigns and Learn Liberty contests
- Writing original copy for e-mail newsletters, video descriptions, social media and marketing campaigns.
- Learning and utilizing Photoshop or other graphic software to create graphics for our social media and website (training will be provided)
- Finding supplementary materials (articles, blogs, other videos) for Learn Liberty videos
- Measuring and analyzing website and new media traffic using Google Analytics, bitly, and other tools
This internship will be a combination of data entry/measurement and more substantive education-related tasks. We emphasize ownership of projects and personal time management -- self-starters do well.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Self-motivation and willingness to ask questions
- Attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Innovative ideas for addressing tough challenges
- Ability to learn basic software quickly
Preferred qualifications (not required):
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Some knowledge of Photoshop
- An understanding of the YouTube and the social media community
- Strong writing skills
- Basic understanding of user experience and design
Prior experience not required.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to Pericles Niarchos, Operations and Hiring Coordinator. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the marketing team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!