The Learn Liberty team seeks amazing interns for Spring and Summer 2014! Currently there are TWO open positions. We are accepting applications with immediate start dates in Video Production, and Summer applications in Video Production and Social Media and Marketing.
See both listings below.
Video Production Internship
Want to work with a passionate team reaching millions of students on YouTube each year? The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to assist with the production of videos for Learn Liberty & Learn Liberty Academy. Paid position, available immediately or for the summer
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Willing to ask questions
- Attentive to detail
- Adaptable, willing to take on new projects and challenges
- Excited about online education and the Learn Liberty project in particular
- Basic video production skills: camera, sound, and lighting
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
- Creative ideas for how to improve our videos
- Excellent writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Shooting & editing videos for Learn Liberty Academy, and other projects
- Reviewing, writing, and editing video scripts for Learn Liberty
- Reviewing and providing feedback on video drafts, storyboards, art samples, etc.
- Uploading videos to YouTube and adding annotations & other links.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply. In your cover letter, tell us why you want to join our team and how you could contribute. Also, check out our YouTube channel and website, and tell us some ways we could improve (no more than 5 sentences). *We are currently accepting applications for the Spring Semester with immediate start dates, or for the Summer with start dates in June.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP
LearnLiberty is looking for a web savvy, liberty-loving summer intern to assist in the project’s development. This is a paid internship! Applicants should be comfortable with the latest web trends (memes, new media platforms, etc), and excited by the mission of the Learn Liberty project. If you are the kind of person who keeps up-to-date with the latest web technology and innovation, this is an internship for you.
Possible projects include:
- Managing and updating YouTube and website content such as video descriptions, mp3 files, transcripts, annotations, etc. This includes giving suggestions and recommendations on how to improve our web content.
- Measuring and analyzing website and new media traffic using Google Analytics, bitly, and other tools
- Assisting with social media campaigns and Learn Liberty contests
- Finding supplementary materials (articles, blogs, other videos) for Learn Liberty videos
- Learning and utilizing Photoshop or other graphic software to create engaging content for Facebook and other social media
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Self-motivation and willingness to ask questions
- Attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Innovative ideas for addressing tough challenges
- Ability to learn basic software quickly
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Photoshop or other image software
- An understanding of the YouTube & Facebook communities
To apply, in addition to submitting a cover letter and a resume, applicants should consider submitting a short (no more than 5 sentence) description of something LearnLiberty could be doing better. This is not mandatory. *We are currently accepting applications for our Summer Semester.
3434 Washington Blvd, 4th Floor, Arlington, VA 22201
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!