HIRING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
IHS is looking for an intellectually curious, self-motivated summer intern interested in developing keen business sense and learning the basics of non-profit hiring. As part of a small department, the Hiring and Professional Development intern will be invited to share ideas, explore new ways of doing things, and propose new projects.
Possible projects include:
- Hiring: Coordinating meetings, scheduling interviews, posting intranet listings, assisting with human resources procedures, screening IHS job applicants
- Harper Internship Program: Plan, prepare, and help execute the fall Harper Internship Program
- Program Measurement: Work with multiple departments to create, expand, and analyze measurement systems to track the effectiveness of various program components.
- Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Self-motivation and willingness to ask questionsAcute Attention to detail
- Basic familiarity with ExcelGeneral knowledge of Outlook email and calendar features
- Innovative ideas for addressing organization and management challenges
- Ability to learn basic database software quickly
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to Pericles Niarchos, Operations and Hiring Coordinator. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the marketing team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!