Mercatus Center and Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University
The Mercatus Center and Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University are seeking candidates for a part-time (30 hours per week) Development intern.
Development intern responsibilities include:
- Donor research
- Assisting with donor mailings
- Updating donor information
- Making event invitation phone calls
- Data entry
- Other clerical duties
Qualified candidates must be comfortable learning a new customer management database, be familiar with Microsoft Office, and have superior research and organizational skills. An excellent attention to detail is a must. A strong commitment to individual freedom, and interest in economics and public policy is a plus.
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
3301 Fairfax Dr
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to Pericles Niarchos, Hiring and Professional Development Coordinator. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the marketing team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!