Events Management Internship
The IHS Conference and Event Management department seeks an intern to assist in the summer semester. Applicants should be organized and detail-oriented, as well as have a strong interest in events logistics.
- Organize materials and supplies for summer events
- Collect and organize event data
- Testing and proofreading program emails
- Assist with the creation of a Seminar Process manual
- Provide administrative support to members of the Conference and Event Management team
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Excellent time management
- Extreme comfort with and/or willingness to quickly learn new data skills
- Stellar written communication skills
- Appreciation for classical liberal principles—individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
3434 Washington Blvd, 4th Floor
Arlington, VA 22201
To apply, submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to the IHS Hiring and Professional Development department. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the Conference and Event Management team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start and how many hours you are looking for per week
*We are currently accepting applications for the Summer Semester with start dates varying May-June.
The Institute for Humane Studies, founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization that promotes the study of economic and individual freedom across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines. Through various programs, IHS promotes open inquiry, critical thinking, rigorous scholarship, and creative problem solving.
The Institute for Humane Studies is located in Arlington, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C., two blocks from the Virginia Square metro stop (on the Orange Line). IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth.