Academic Programs Internships
The IHS seeks a shared Spring intern to start as soon as possible to assist the Talent Management and Academic Programs departments. Talent Management works to identify talented students and connect them with IHS programs and other valuable opportunities. Academic Programs provides resources and support to freedom advancing graduate students.
Possible Projects Include:
- Assisting with the IHS Mentoring Program
- Assisting with the Hayek Fund programs
- Researching open sources for information and databases on the Higher Education Market various aspects relevant to IHS (job openings, financial indicators, faculty statistics, etc.)
- Tracking and analyzing data
- Providing administrative support to the talent management team and IHS Mentors
Qualified candidates will be:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with (or willing to be trained on) tools for data analysis
- Quick learners
- Good communicators
- Entrepreneurial & innovative
- Understanding and appreciative of classical liberal principles—individual rights, free markets, limited government, voluntarism, and peace.
Prior experience is not required. We accept interns of all ages and experience levels, and international applicants with a visa status that allows employment in the U.S.
4250 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
To apply, visit our application page and submit a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to the IHS Human Resources department. In your cover letter, please specify:
- How you learned about IHS's summer internship program
- Why you are interested in working with IHS, specifically the marketing team
- Your experience with or exposure to classical liberal/libertarian ideas
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the internship
- When you are available to start
The Institute for Humane Studies is a non-profit organization that provides financial support and programs for students interested in free markets and individual rights. IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth. We are excited to have you join our team!