If you are interested in applying for a position with the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS), follow the directions below:
Step #1: COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Please visit our application page to submit a one-page cover letter and a one- to two-page resume to IHS Hiring Manager. If a writing sample was requested in the position description, please include it with your resume and cover letter. Attach the documents as indicated.
Please do not call the IHS office at this stage.
In your cover letter, please specify:
- Your career goals and how the position you are applying for relates to those goals;
- How you learned about IHS's job opening;
- Why you are interested in working with IHS in particular;
- Your experience with or exposure to the principles of classical liberalism; and
- Your professional and academic experiences that are relevant to the job for which you are applying.
Feel free to include any other information you deem relevant, not to exceed one page.
Step #2: ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
If you submit a cover letter and resume, IHS will respond to you within two weeks with either a notice of rejection or a request for additional documentation, typically a writing sample. Writing samples are evaluated for professionalism and consistency with IHS's mission and style. Please do not call the IHS office at this stage.
Step #3: PHONE INTERVIEW
After reviewing the additional documentation, IHS will respond with either a notice of rejection or a request to schedule a telephone interview with you.
Step #4: IN-PERSON INTERVIEW
After the phone interview process, the top four or five applicants for any given position will be asked to interview in person.
Thank you for your interest in IHS.