The Hayek fund awards grants to aspiring academics pursuing liberty-advancing careers and educational initiatives that go beyond standard curricula.
Career development grants up to $750 for students and untenured scholars; can cover travel, application fees, conference fees, and other career-related expenses. Eligible career-advancing activities include, but are not limited to:
- Presentations at academic or professional conferences
- Travel to academic job interviews on a campus or at professional/academic conferences
- Travel to archives or libraries for research
- Participation in career-development or enhancing seminars
- Distribution of a published article to colleagues in your field
- Submission of unpublished manuscripts to journals or book publishers
Please note, Hayek Fund awards are not given for conference attendance alone. Funding will only be considered for individuals presenting a paper or interviewing for a job at a conference.